Page 2「Perhaps Typical Isn't So Typical」

2:55 PM

Everyday is typically the same routine; starting with me waking up at 5 a.m. in an attempt to beat my mum at waking up because I know that if it's not me fighting to leave the warm post of my bed then it'd be her. Why so early? It's to prepare both breakfast and lunch for my older sister, Sandy, and my two little brothers, Paul and James.

I know, call me a saint. Mother Teresa is what they call me.

Fortunately I'm a morning person so I really don't mind waking up that early at all. Some folks call me crazy for waking up that early, and I usually rebuttal by questioning them how they're able to hold so much energy even after the clock strikes midnight. In fact, the past couple of days I've been waking up at 4:30 a.m. due to the League of Legends World Championship that's going on which has definitely made it more motivating and exciting to wake up before sunrise. Most folks prefer watching sports like football (American) here. I on the other hand prefer esports because it gets my mind going, as well as my adrenaline even though I'm not doing anything too active.

Moving forward, most of my days usually go about like any other ordinary and typical day. Or so I first perceived.

One of my 2014 New Year's resolution was to get back in the habit of reading more books. Ever since high school I've been told to read specific books with very limited freedom to read whatever book it was that I had an interest in as opposed to during my junior high years where my school implemented an accelerated reading program to motivate students to read more books; no limitations to the genre of the book. This may be a little exaggerating, but do forgive me because it's been years now since I was in junior high, but I would go through forty or so books within a single school year. It was literally nonstop reading until I hit high school where my schedule would get busier and it was a challenge to find the leisure time to whip out a good book and just read.

 Anywho, at some point I realized that what may appear as a typical activity like eating, reading, and the likes, has the ability to drastically change your life. Sometimes possibly more than the major events that go on in your life. It's because they happen so frequently that people often choose to overlook them. I'm ashamed to say that during a good portion of my life, I had forgotten how much thrill, if that's even the right term, there is in every page I read in a book. Me waking up at 5 a.m. every morning isn't crazy. What's crazy is how a simple page of a book, even a paragraph, maybe even a sentence can drastically affect your life, changing your overall attitude a gajillion times a day even. Because the tiniest things really are the most powerful things in life and I hate seeing them be under appreciated by many folks.

Perhaps that's why breakfast is my favorite meal of the day, because folks these days give up breakfast so easily while constantly having their eye on a tasteful dinner. 

Too much things on my mind these past weeks for me to mention them all within this single post, especially since it's gotten pretty out of hand already considering how long this post has gotten, so I'll say my farewells for today and do remember to take care.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images